- Do you need a team approach to your health?
- Is your doctor helping with some of your health concerns but not others?
- Are you already eating well and exercising but not getting the results you want?
- Does your health strategy need personalizing?
“If you are distressed by your current state of health and need some guidance to get you back on track, a naturopath can help you,” states Sivanna naturopath, Brenda Rogers.
But what is naturopathy?
Very simply, naturopaths use nature or natural substances to help you heal your health problems.
How can they help?
Most naturopaths believe that the body is a self- sealing mechanism, and that in teaching the client about the right way to live, the body is able to heal itself. The best naturopaths look beyond the physical level in the body and help the body to heal on a soul level (energetic, mental/emotional) or spirit/spiritual level as well.
We are not just flesh and blood and what might appear to be a physical problem is quite possibly caused by problems at the emotional or “soul” level. Unfortunately, modern Western medicine in many contexts neglects this understanding, which is why many people do not truly heal.
It is also the view of most naturopaths that in the large majority of cases, drugs and surgery can be avoided if one is willing to learn about what true health in body, mind, and spirit is and uses this knowledge to prevent health problems.
Naturopathy has many benefits
- Naturopaths can be a vital health partner along with your GP
- They use natural substances that subtly and slowly modify the internal environment with minimal side effects
- They help guide you as you make changes to your lifestyle and diet
- They can give you results that are permanent
- Naturopaths really take the time to truly listen to you
- They are highly trained professionals that can be trusted to provide you with a well-rounded
- treatment plan
- Naturopathic assessment tools can give you a totally fresh perspective on your health
- Naturopaths can often help where conventional medicine has failed.
- They help you spend less by tailoring your supplement regime
What conditions do naturopaths assist with?
- Digestive complaints such as GERD, IBS, IBD, constipation, food intolerances
- Weight-related issues such as eating disorders, obesity, emotional eating, carbohydrate craving, blood sugar imbalances, Type 2 Diabetes
- Stress management
- Respiratory complaints, such as allergies, asthma, colds, and flu
- Low mood and anxiety
- Chronic fatigue
- Autoimmune conditions such as fibromyalgia and thyroiditis
- Hormone problems, for example, acne, infertility, menstrual complaints
- Pain management, for example, arthritis, and sports injuries
Available at Sivanna
- Body composition and cellular health analysis
- Live blood and coagulated blood morphology
- Referrals for functional testing
- Nutritional counseling
- Diet and menu planning
- Life and food coaching
- Coaching for emotional eating
- Yoga therapy
- Covered by most private health funds